Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Analogies

I have lived a large portion of my life in an ignorant oblivion. When I was a kid, there were so many things I didn't understand, like there was a fog in my brain preventing me from seeing.

I am a child no longer, and as I've grown up, the fog has lifted exponentially.

I can see now.

But still I have not experienced.

Many taboos and things built into so many people one way or another did not get built into me.

So, for a time, I was spared, like a sort of blindness in my brain. Like you never know what you are missing because it's never been there, but give a blind person sight, and it's overwhelming.

I like analogies.

Watching House the other day, I was intrigued by House having my same blood type, and how Wilson comments that it's the universal receiver. "You take but you don't give." Or something. I'm paraphrasing. But it's true, and for me in more ways than one.

I end up taking a lot. I also have very little to give. What I can give is so limited, and others can give more readily than I. Even in the sense of blood, which on me is hard to draw.

It's sad in a way, because I will feel bad for having nothing anyone needs.

Or at least, nothing I am able to give well.

Sometimes it's weird how well analogies work for me.

No comments: