Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Irritation has found a place to rest

I am annoyed.

I was going about on the internets, reading things I could find connected with the Google search "Hollywood Fat." I came upon a blog(?) saying how a woman was upset because of the way fat people are portrayed in movies, specifically, Date Movie. It had a lot of good points, I thought, and then I scroll down and read some of the comments. Some were in agreement with the author, but some of the others were all like, "The only one who is responsible for your weight is you, I think it's funny, blah blah blah, it's okay to make fun of fat people cuz you totally do it to yourself blah blah blah."

It's absurd how people still think this. At least, I think so, because I read a lot of Fat positive blogs. More and more I realize how truly SCUMMY people are. I was thinking, "And the one who has control over the CRAP that flies out of your mouth is you." What the hell? Do people seriously think fat people do nothing but sit around all day eating a bakers dozen of donuts?

Even my own family has issues with fat people and eating. Like, my brother was saying something about how someone would HAVE to be fat to swallow all the oil that Jiraiya used (Naruto reference.), until I mentioned how people's stomachs aren't the same size as their fat stores, and that the people who are those eating champions tend to be very thin.

Anyway, I am bothered. I'm wanting to put up on DA a deviation, but I haven't decided to do it yet. I don't know if I have the nerve.

I want to entitle it, "Face of the Despised."

And it would be me. People have this massive hate of fat people, and I've been the target of it before. Doubtless I will be again. But I want more people to see a FACE on the fat person, not just a headless reminder of "The Obesity Epidemic" walking the streets.

It makes me feel a little odd when I read about people who would rather die than be what you are.

No comments: